We are currently seeking a full-time Senior Financial Advisor to join our team at our Snow Valley branch in Kitimat, BC.
The Senior Financial Advisor provides exceptional customer service to a portfolio of members by offering a full range of investment, deposit and complex lending services. The Senior Financial Advisor identifies member life stage cycle and provides solutions to financial needs, and/or refers member to an appropriate advisor.
Here’s what would be included as a part of your typical day
- Member Service: Builds strong relationships with current and potential members; identifies member life stage cycle and provides financial advice to members or refers to appropriate advisor. Manages an assigned portfolio of members (generally with $100,000 to $500,000 in investible assets) through proactive regular contact, ensuring current and future needs are identified and met.
- Member Transactions: Processes a full range of complex member transactions including, but not limited to: MFDA products and services; retail mortgages, personal and RRSP loans; opening personal or business accounts, debit/credit cards, LOC/overdraft protection, and related insurance products..
- Branch Goals: Supports achievement of annual branch goals and objectives through proactive promotion of FW products and services, participation in branch campaigns, and actively seeks potential cross-sell and/or referral opportunities during interaction with members or general public. Achieves established annual sales and referral targets.
- Branch Support: Mentors other branch employees in the understanding of lending and investment products and services; and provides advice and/or assists employees with member issues in management’s absence.
- Other duties as required by branch leadership.
Required Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- College or Tech School Diploma (2 years) in related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mutual Funds License required
- Must complete the internal First West certification program specific to this role within the required timeframe
- PFP preferred
- 2-3 years in a Financial Advisor role, or equivalent
- Proven ability to conduct complex advisory, four quadrant conversations
- Demonstrated ability to recognize needs, identify appropriate products and build strong member relationships
- Proven track record achieving or exceeding sales targets in retail lending and investment products and service
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and solve problems using common sense and sound judgment
- Proficient in computer software e.g. Microsoft Office and banking software programs
- Displays an understanding of risk and risk ownership by being able to demonstrate adherence to policies and procedures.
Why work for us?
We offer a total rewards package that recognizes the meaningful work you do to support our members and our communities, which includes:
- A competitive base salary plus performance-based incentive compensation
- Annual merit pay increases
- Flexible benefits as well as support for retirement benefits
- Vacation time, a flexible “Day4U” and the option to purchase up to five additional vacation days
- Other financial perks such as our Employee Banking Advantages which includes waived or reduced financial service fees, reduced rates on personal loans, mortgages and no-interest loans on lifestyle-related items that promote health, wellness, learning and business aptitude
In addition, you can enjoy socially conscious perks, like three paid days off every year, to volunteer for causes you care about.
What’s your place in the First West story? Apply now and let’s find out together!
First West regrets that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity & Inclusion:
First West Credit Union is committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to create an inclusive, accessible environment for our candidates and employees that reflects the communities in which operate. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment or interview process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other types of accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.